Pages

Sunday, September 6, 2015

Post-Tragedy Routine

In the wake of the most recent round of mass shootings outside of Roanoke, Virginia, my sister has taken fingers to keyboard to reflect upon this tragedy.  I had hoped that none of my family members would ever have to be as close to a tragedy of this kind as I have been, but it is clear that this is is a fantasy.  In the world in which we live, it seems like no one can escape the horrors of violence.

While I have lost the ability to reflect upon these tragedies rationally, my sister has found her voice.  I encourage you to read her words.  While I tend to use theological language to reflect on things, Sallie does an excellent job of reflecting on the events that affected someone she knew in college in more direct language.  Please take time to read her post.

No comments:

Post a Comment